Job Description: A successful Branch Manager exercises complete responsibility for developing and managing a business operation that increases sales, profitability, market share, and customer and employee satisfaction by directing, coordinating and monitoring all sales, branch operations and personnel development activities.
Other Responsibilities Include:
Strategic Decision Making
- Issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
- Integrates information from a variety of sources; detects trends, associations, and cause-effect relationships.
Delegating Responsibility & Follow Up
- Allocates decision-making authority and/or task responsibility in appropriate areas to appropriate individuals.
- Establishes appropriate procedures to keep informed of issues and results in areas of shared responsibility.
- Builds timelines into assignments and task delegations; effectively communicates completion dates and expected results. Provides constructive feedback if expectations are not met, knows appropriate remedies and provides coaching to meet expectations.
Planning & Organizing
- Identifies more critical and less critical activities and assignments; adjusts priorities when appropriate.
- Determines project or assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks and identifying types of equipment, materials, and people needed.
- Allocates appropriate amounts of time for completing own and others¡¦ work; avoids scheduling conflicts; develops timelines and milestones.
- Holds self and others accountable for deadlines and assignments
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping associates feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions
- Demonstrates the behaviors, knowledge and practices that are expected of all associates at the branch
- Provides resources to support development of product knowledge, ensures that opportunities for career development are available, and offers assistance to associates requiring additional training or tools to ensure success.
Technical/Professional Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of and successfully manages the sales, purchasing, warehouse and financial functions within the branch.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education: High school diploma/GED required
- (Bachelor's degree preferred)
Experience: Minimum 1 year in similar position
- (3 years preferred)
- Minimum 3 years in progressive position (5 years preferred)
- Product/applications experience required
- Wholesale distribution experience required
- Supervisory experience required
- Competitive Pay
- Medical / Dental / Vision Benefits available 1st of month following 2 months of service
- 401k Plan after 6 months
- 15 days paid time off per year
- 5 Day work week Monday-Friday