Purpose/Job Description: This person is responsible for positively supporting the InHotWater Program, which includes our commercial water heater replacement program and promoting the AO Smith (AOS) product line and other key vendor water solutions lines. This person must be knowledgeable and proactively support all the product lines MSC offers.
Responsibilities: Coordinates InHotWater Program Operations
- Answers and quickly responds to the IHW afterhours number. (Verifies inventory via laptop prior to afterhours openings)
- Directs assigned associates in afterhours openings and IHW deliveries. (Participates in openings and deliveries as needed)
- Monitors AOS parts and water heating units' inventories at the branch location
- Appraises Branch and Purchasing Managers of recommended inventory levels as needed.
- Monitors electric commercial conversion operation and assists when necessary.
THE IHW OWNER IS THE GO-TO PERSON FOR ALL AOS TECHNICAL CONCERNS.
- The IHW Owner is responsible for addressing warranty concerns related to service, parts and water heater leakers.
- The IHW Owner addresses warranty concerns directly with customer.
- The IHW Owner forwards request to AOS Service Provider when needed after qualifying that we are 100% certain it is a warranty issue.
- If a factory representative is needed the IHW Owner will make that decision.
Monitors IHW delivery associates, equipment and materials.
- (Confirms that IHW delivery vehicle, equipment, dollies and materials are properly maintained)
Maintains and distributes advertising/promotional materials.
- (IHW WH Stickers, IHW Counter Placards, IHW brochures, catalogs, technical support manuals).
- Assists in the sale and support of all materials and equipment MSC offers, inclusive of our focus products (AO Smith Tankless Heaters, Enviro Water Treatment Products, etc).
- Identifies additional products that are required to support current products and services (boiler controls, pumps, expansion tanks, tools, (rental) and equipment).
- Provide sales and technical training as needed for all levels of branch sales (outside, inside and counter)
- Sets up training and educational classes for our customer base periodically.
- Contacts and keeps other area MSC branches trained on services and support MSC offers to all of its customers.
- Contacts other MSC wholesalers seeking additional services.
Additional Sales Duties:
Contacts current contractors with plumbing service departments and maintains data base for all local MSC branches.
- (When an MSC sales person is assigned to an account plan to accompany that sales person)
- Contacts contractors not currently MSC customers and maintains data base. (Forward contact information to Branch Manager with comments)
Contacts and establishes customer data base for the following customers:
- Restaurants, Hotels, & Motels
- ISD’s, Colleges, Universities Hospitals, Medical Centers, Nursing Homes
- City, County, State Housing Authorities
- Building/Property Management Companies
- Manufacturing facilities
Is knowledgeable of all AOS products and related installation and service information.
- Pre-installation inspections for commercial product
- Pre-startup inspection
- Customer troubleshooting assistance
- Follow-up on all AOS Site inspections
- Get involved in frequent equipment failures
- Identifies customers for HVAC, PVF and appliance sales opportunities
Participates in Local Trade Associations
- PHCC, ASPE, ISD Maintenance Associations, Apartment Association,
- Vendor/Manufacture training participation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Team oriented
- Customer service skills
- Sales Skills (strong sales presence)
- Competitive (Aggressive/hungry to be the best)
- Product knowledge/ability to learn
- Judgment and decision-making ability
Ability to handle stress
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- General computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of logistic capabilities
- Mechanically oriented
- Lives in close proximity of location